Tuesday 8 February 2011

Star Slinger - Elizabeth Fraser (Live)

Star Slinger - Elizabeth Fraser.

Considering Liz is my favourite singer of all time (I approximate her voice to be that of God), I was a little dubious when I came across an IDM rework of the Cocteau Twins song Heaven Or Las Vegas. But then I underestimated Star Slingers talent, he is a master of the trusty MPC and the sound that emerges is mind blowing. How he ever got J Dilla hip hop beats and retriggers to work with Liz's angelic voice is left a mystery. The clip is of him playing live at his favourite comic book store (Hey what a narc!).

Star Slinger has just released an EP with Teams via Mexican Summer. Its disco crossed with hip hop and abit of glitch. Here's a nice ambient one off it:
Teams vs. Star Slinger - Close to Me